I lived it but I don’t believe it.. I felt it but I don’t believe it…
Those simple words drag me out of my world and point me to a different story, one of heroism, trauma, and survivor details… they defined “being vulnerable”, wanting to forget she moves her head seeking some kind of answer, maybe a voice telling her, it was all just a bad dream… Her name was A., one of the victims of the storm Olga, not exactly or its water or wind, but the fruit of one mistake, which too much has been said off, negligence or confusion, converted water in the worst enemy of many many many people, their shelters and their belongings….
Hers was one of the hundreds of stories, perspectives and silent notes that unfolded with pain, questions and anger.. why? How? What will happen?
I sat there and tried to catch her breath, followed where she was coming from, but the truth was that it was hard, I just complain about lost loves or my weight, about getting a scholarship or how my car is slowly dying, I couldn’t relate, and I noticed how she and others despite their poverty before and after, learned the lesson of unity and living in simplicity… being thankful.
And most of all, they fought back, they are still learning ways to prevent, act and respond, ways to fulfill the voids the storm has left, they listened and now they talk, the bring hope and knowledge to others.
B- Thankful.
B- Yourself.
B - There.
Let it B-
B -lieve
Carpe Diem... seize the day.
Those simple words drag me out of my world and point me to a different story, one of heroism, trauma, and survivor details… they defined “being vulnerable”, wanting to forget she moves her head seeking some kind of answer, maybe a voice telling her, it was all just a bad dream… Her name was A., one of the victims of the storm Olga, not exactly or its water or wind, but the fruit of one mistake, which too much has been said off, negligence or confusion, converted water in the worst enemy of many many many people, their shelters and their belongings….
Hers was one of the hundreds of stories, perspectives and silent notes that unfolded with pain, questions and anger.. why? How? What will happen?
I sat there and tried to catch her breath, followed where she was coming from, but the truth was that it was hard, I just complain about lost loves or my weight, about getting a scholarship or how my car is slowly dying, I couldn’t relate, and I noticed how she and others despite their poverty before and after, learned the lesson of unity and living in simplicity… being thankful.
And most of all, they fought back, they are still learning ways to prevent, act and respond, ways to fulfill the voids the storm has left, they listened and now they talk, the bring hope and knowledge to others.
B- Thankful.
B- Yourself.
B - There.
Let it B-
B -lieve
Carpe Diem... seize the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment